September 15, 2013

{Wooden Calendar Board turned Chalkboard}

I found one of these at the thrift store for $2 and automatically knew 
I want to make a chalk board  for my kitchen.

First I removed the board. And since there was a space between the board and the frame (for the calendar to slide down into) I took the board outside and used a skill saw to cut it down so it would fit right up against the frame.

 2 coats of chalk board paint....

Spray painted the frame white....

 Nice clean look...

 Bought a pack of 2 of these for like $3 at Home Depot...Spray painted this as well...

 Elmers Glue



Do you like chalk board paint? What projects have you completed with it?

Join the Party @ The Hankful House


Get Your DIY On




Dagmar's Home Thrifty and Vintage Finds link party





Pin It
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I hope you'll link up! http://www.dagmarbleasdale.com/2013/09/thrifty-vintage-finds-link-party-9/

    Dagmar
    Dagmar's Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how this turned out, Christi! You would never know it started out as a calendar holder. Thanks for sharing at our Get Your DIY on Fall Party Challenge! I hope you can party with us again this Sunday at 7:00 EST. Our theme is spray paint projects! Hope to see you there! XO
      (Had to edit b/c I gave you the wrong theme...must be getting late for me lol!)

      Delete

Please leave a comment......

My {Popular} Posts