September 15, 2013

{DIY Breezy Fall Wreath}


Fall is my favorite time of year! I love everything about it....the cool air, the smell of pumpkin and spices, yard work, changing of the leaves, sweaters and HOLIDAY SHOPPING!!! Oh....and my birthday ;)

I think that a wreath on the front door makes a home look inviting and it shows hospitality. What better way to say WELCOME than to make your own?! Right?

Here is what I came up with to create my Fall Wreath....

 Let me go ahead and tell you about my nails before we get started...
they are green to match my shoes!

Little pumpkins from Wal-Mart. I removed the stems before spray painting.


 I used ivory spray paint.

 For the wreath I used Ocean Breeze? An aqua color....

My little cutie!

 For the "S" I chose to wrap it with gold yarn...

I started by hot gluing the yarn to the tip of the letter...

and making a swirl...

and continued swirling...

 until I began wrapping around the letter. 
I also put a dot of hot glue every now and then to hold it in place.

 The curves were a little tricky. I decided to skip ahead a little and work back....


 and again..skip ahead and work back...





 Placed the stems back into the dry pumpkins...

Leaves! I used a book I found at the thrift store for 25 cents...I printed a leaf template to trace...


 I love them already....sprayed these with polyurethane...
not sure if that will do anything to preserve them, but we shall see :P 

I used hot glue to secure everything. 


What is your favorite thing about Fall?



Check out more beautiful Fall Wreaths over @ The Hankful House.







Think%2520Tank%2520Thursday Welcome to Think Tank Thursday #48





Pin It
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 comments:

  1. Love your pretty blue wreath...and your nails...and your little cutie! :) Thanks for linking up to the "Get Your DIY On" Link up party! Hope to see your thrifty upcycle project on Sunday! :) - April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wreath, love your choice of colors. The letter in the middle really stands out, I might try that on a wreath down the road.
    Found you through the Get your DIY on party.
    Sarah
    Creative Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty wreath! I love the colors and the whole look. Very modern and cozy for fall :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment......

My {Popular} Posts