May 27, 2013

{Re-Covering Toddler Carseat}



I went to Toys"R"us several times and looked at the toddler seats, but could not bring myself to pay $150. I wanted a nicer one because we travel a lot and the cheaper ones just do not feel comfortable.  So, instead of getting her a new seat, I decided to recover the one we had. I also bought a foam pad to add to the seat for extra comfort. It will be a nice ride for her.

I took lots of pictures of the cover  so I could piece it back together properly.

 The fabric we chose...

 Help is always lurking....

 I traced around each piece with a sharpie..

I added about 1/4" around the edge...



Pinned each piece in place to keep up with all the pieces...

It's going to be so cute....

 Surged the edges...

Putting it together....

Making the holes for the safety belts...

 I used a couple coats of finger nail polish to paint the red button ;)

Checking it to be sure it is fitting...

She is loving it...

Almost finished....




Pin It
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment......

My {Popular} Posts