July 18, 2013

{LEGO Party}


It is easy to make a LEGO theme party without spending a lot of money. We started by buying plain colored cups, plates, napkins and utensils ( at Wal Mart) that fit the color scheme of LEGO. We decided on yellow cups, so that we could draw LEGO faces on them. Each of my kids wanted to help with this project. We opened up a LEGO book to chose some different faces that we liked. They enjoyed this so much and they added there own caption to the back of each cup for a little laugh.



 Next we made some LEGO block sugar cookies.....


This Betty Crocker Cookie Icing is amazing, because it spreads out so smooth and shiny.

 M&M's completed these.

Weeks before my son's birthday he told me that 
this is what he wanted the cake to look like...

Since we were out of town and I had no printer, I pulled the image up on my computer and taped a piece of tracing paper up on the screen and traced away.....

I used the logo to make color flow letters.....

I rolled the fondant out and placed a LEGO basic plate on top of the fondant and used a rolling pin to make an imprint....

 The cake is on a basic plate that he didn't have, so it was part of his birthday present....

 He wanted to decorate it from here...

He created a "9" so everyone would know how old he is ;)

 Party Time!!!


 Happy 9th Birthday Jesse!


Pin It
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment......

My {Popular} Posts